If you do not have a TRN

How to get a TRN

If you’re eligible for a TRN in England, you should be allocated one automatically by the Teaching Regulation Agency or Capita Teachers’ Pensions.

If you do not have a TRN but need one to do a national professional qualification (NPQ), you can request a TRN.

What a TRN is for

You need a TRN to:

  • access your teaching qualifications to download your certificates, change the name on them or check details of your initial teacher training and induction
  • give to employers so they can complete mandatory teacher status checks
  • manage records of your contributions to the Teachers’ Pensions scheme
  • give to the Department for Education (DfE) when you have been awarded QTS so you can begin your early career teacher induction
  • register for an NPQ
Teacher self service portal