Check if you have a TRN

You will have a TRN if you:

  • hold qualified teacher status (QTS) in England or Wales
  • hold early years teacher status (EYTS) in England
  • hold a national professional qualification (NPQ)
  • are working towards QTS, EYTS or an NPQ
  • contribute to the Teachers’ Pensions scheme in England or Wales
  • have a relevant restriction in relation to teaching in England

If you have qualified teacher learning and skills (QTLS) status, you will not necessarily have a TRN. You do not need one to apply for a job.

Do you think you have a TRN?