Find a lost teacher reference number (TRN)

Use this service to:

Before you start

Have your National Insurance number ready, as we’ll ask for this.

Start now

Other ways to find your TRN

Your TRN may be shown on a:

  • payslip
  • teacher pension statement
  • teacher training records

The TRN has previously been known as a QTS, GTC, DfE, DfES and DCSF number.

Find a lost TRN by phone

Call the Teaching Regulation Agency, and have your National Insurance number ready:

  • Telephone: 020 7593 5394
  • Lines are open Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, and on Friday from 9am to 4:30pm (except public holidays)